Monday, August 8, 2011

Timmy has legs and can walk on a lead! (revised for Cindy)

In case you don't know Timmy, Timmy is my mom's little 3 lb baby poodle.  He has a few interests, but his primary interest is sitting on my mother's lap.  She's tried a couple of times, to get Timmy to walk on a leash (lead), to no avail.  Timmy just sits down, and sure enough, my mom bends over and picks him up.
 

Well, I'm not thinking it's wise to let a little 3 lb whipper snapper rule!  I told my mom we were going to teach him to walk on a leash.  My mom walked in front of us, and sure enough, Timmy tried to follow her.   My only problem was getting my mom to keep WALKING, you know, like dangling the carrot in front of  him.  She thought it was great if he walked two or three feet to her, then she'd pick him up.

Anyway, finally, he started to get the hang of it.

Then, the next day, my mom took Timmy by herself.  I looked up, and saw my mom running.  As in, knees to her chest, running.  Timmy was bouncing along next to her thinking this is the greatest game in the world.  I grabbed my phone, but by the time I got to the camera part, she'd stopped.

You just have to picture it.  And, as you picture it, remember, she's 85.  PICTURE IT:  85,  running knees high down the road with her little dog bouncing along side of her.  (Her little white head looked like a q-tip on a pogo stick.)

These are the only pics I was able to get, but it should help you get the visual:

Take that AARP....:)

1 comment:

cindy said...

Unbelievable! I hope I am still running at 85.

Also, way to go Timmy. A 'leash' is called a 'lead' here in Aussie country. So, well done Timmy for walking with a lead!