Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chess Set Decision has been made!

After careful consideration and meditation as I've been watching the grass growing around the chess board, I've come to a decision!  I have picked out the main chess set that will be absolutely gorgeous and one in which I can putter with for many hours!

Topiary pieces it is!

My decision was made, as soon as I saw the Yorkie in the advertisement:



  Here is a picture with all the pieces (however, mine will be much cooler--minus the Ocean in the background):




I am probably going to go with Cheyenne Privet shrub, because it has success in Utah, and it grows quickly.  That means more time trimming, but I'll get full pieces sooner.   An added bonus: this will make Cindy feel more at home (as if England is her home), in the rocky mountains of Utah!

Alas, I can hear my nieces and nephews rolling their eyes, as if they are going to want to pick up a shrub and move it around!  What fun is that?  So....when we actually get together and have chess matches, I was thinking of doing something like this:
Can't you just picture the little kids as the pawns?  And, of course Joscie will make a great queen!  LOL!!!!

This look has a certain appeal also:



I told Kelly about my great plans, and she said, "Gook Luck trying to get those kids to stay in place."

Just in case, I went to "Toys-R-Us" and bought the chess and checker pieces there.  So, we definitely already have some inanimate pieces--in case the live pieces get bored and run off the board!!!!!

2 comments:

cindy said...

I love love love the pieces! Great choice.

I'm still smiling when I think about Luke staying in place on a chess board.

Smallmans said...

What a spiffy idea! Leave it to you Loretta, to think of something so fun that involves everyone.