Sunday, March 4, 2012

Brighton!

Yesterday, Tammie, Alex, Alisa, and I all headed up to Brighton (Nick was sick).  David, Tyler, Keaton, and Morgan (Keaton's friend) were up there already.  David is a skiier, and he was with all the snowboarders, and I'm a boarder and I was with all the skiiers. 

Alisa was in a lesson all morning and she did GREAT!  Her teacher said, "She can turn, she just doesn't like too, she likes to go fast!"

I was able to take one run with the boarding crew, and heard comments from Keaton and Tyler like, "You're missing all the good stuff!"   "Loretta, over here, there's a bunch of jumps in these trees!" 

It was hilarious. 

I knew that Alisa's lesson ended at 12:30, and I was pretty sure that Tammie and Alex would be worried, so I scampered over to the SnowSchool to pick her up, and that's when we lost the boarding crew.  They didn't want to stop for lunch.

Seriously, it was 12:30! 

But, in ONE run, David was able to help Tammie out so much.  She was like a totally different skiier after one run.  Her skiis were almost parallel on every turn.  It was great.

Here's a really cute pic of Alisa and I waiting for her mom and dad to catch up to us (this is at the top of Snake Creek):

2 comments:

Tammie said...

DARLING!! But where are all the juicy details about you having to carry a 45 lbs. 4 yr old down half of the mountain!! You're leaving all the good stuff out :) Thanks for one of the many days of fun!! You're great!

Elgie said...

K, here's the e-mail I wrote to Stephen the next day:

Dear Stephen,
I'm not sure if I mentioned what a no-snow year we've had. I kind of thought it was a blessing so I wouldn't be tempted to board until my shoulder was more healed. Well, the whole year, we had about 40-50 inches (base). Last week, we got 40 more inches! The base doubled.

So, of course, yesterday was a must go! I took my niece (Cindy's little sister, who technically isn't my niece, by you know how that goes....), her husband, and little girl up to Brighton. Alisa just turned 4, so we have put her in a few lessons. And, she LIKES to go fast! She doesn't want to turn! Her teacher said, "She can turn, she just doesn't want to."

Sounds like a few Anderson boys I know!!!! :)

Anyway, I don't know if you can get this, but I'm attaching a pretty cute pic of Alisa and I at the top of Snake Creek. Yes, this is how we were waiting for her mom and dad to catch up to us. She kept saying, "They're really slow. I'm going to go help my dad!"

It was simply adorable.

Oh, at about 3:00 PM, with no nap, Alisa crashed. Right at the top of Snake Creek. Tammie and Alex are just learning to ski, and Tammie kept saying, "Honey, just get down hill and we'll go home." Alex even resorted to bribing her with a candy, once she gets down the hill. Finally, I hiked back up to her, picked her up, and carried her down the hill.

Tammie said that all these people were taking pictures, saying how adorable it was (as my legs were burning off).

As for Alisa, she started squealing, "Go faster, this is fun!"

I was just worried about falling. As if I'm going to fall holding a little kid in my arms....that would not have been a good thing.

We made it down without a glitch. Now, Tammie's job is to make sure that Alisa is very aware that Aunt Loretta carrying you down the hill isn't part of the regular skiing routine!

Oh, your mom and dad made it back safely! Whew! Your mom said it was AMAZING.

Greg is going to be a daddy! He told me he already told you! And, to Greg's unborn one: Aunt Loretta carrying you down the hill won't be part of our regular skiing routine, but if you need it, I'll be there for you!

Love you and see you soon!

Aunt Loretta