Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gabby in my heart always



Gabby is gone. I took her in this morning. Her tummy was bloated which meant her organs were failing. Only option was ICU until I was ready. Or course, I stayed with her the whole time....

Little later:
I just took Dallas and Suki for a walk, because that's what Gabby would have wanted to do.  We walked all the way up to my grandparents' grave.  My Papa loved dogs.

During the whole walk, I was brushing away tears.  I am so glad I had such a bundle of joy with me for so long.  Gabby was 15.  Right until the very end, she was happy.  Last week, she was playing around in the leaves in the backyard.  One was still stuck in her fun floppy ears when she died.

On Monday night, I bought a piece of Chicken Breast and grilled it for her.  She almost ate the whole thing.  She wasn't eating and I was trying to get some protein in her.  Now, I'm glad that she had such a yummy last meal.  No one loved food more than Gabby.

This morning, I carried her in and she was lying her favorite blue pillow, wrapped in her soft, puppy paw blanket.  That's where she died.

Before we left, I held her up to Suki and Dallas (on the pillow).  Gabby and Suki were litter mates. I told Dallas and Suki that I might be able to bring Gabby back, but if I didn't that they'd be able to see her in heaven.  I told Gabby that she was probably going to go play with Kujo and Freddy now.  After I said that, both Suki and Dallas leaned forward and gave Gabby a kiss.

Gabby Gourmet
June 8, 1996 -  November 16, 2011

2 comments:

cindy said...

My heart is breaking for you and Dallas and Suki. I'll break it gently to my kids because they will be heart-broken as well. I wish I was there to give you a big hug.
I love you,
Cindy

Smallmans said...

I'm sorry to hear about Gabby. I'm sure the Kuje and Freddy are loving her company right now. Love, Triscia